ABN: 58 152 382 011 ACN: 152 382 011
1. General Terms
- Eezirent Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
- If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. For example, if you do not register as a member of a website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only
2. The information we collect
The type of information we will collect about you includes, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your address;
- the address of your rental property/ies;
- your nominated telephone number;
- your email address; and
- your credit/debit card details.
We also may collect information about you that is not personal information. For example, we may collect data relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally but are not limited to using this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information, the National Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the National Privacy Principles.
3. How we use the information we collect
(1) We collect information about you for 2 reasons:
- to enable the listing of your rental property on participating websites, and
- to provide you with the best possible service.
(2) In addition to the primary purposes outlined above, we may use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information:
- to provide you with news and information about our products and services;
- to send marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in. This material may relate to any of Eezirent’s businesses or a third party business which we believe may be of interest to you;
- for purposes necessary or incidental to the provision of goods and services to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences;
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of Eezirent Pty Ltd and selected third parties;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act 1988 (CTH).
4. How we disclose the information we collect
(1) We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to other members of the Eezirent Group in which case, your personal information will be collected, used, disclosed, managed and stored in accordance with this policy.
(2) We may also disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties but not limited to:
- engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf, such as newsagents, processing credit card information, postal services, courier services, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to the Police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator;
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
5. How We Store, Secure and Process the Information We Collect
(1) Eezirent Pty Ltd endeavours to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us.
(2) Eezirent directors, employees, agents and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
(3) We are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
(4) Information submitted by you, other users and visitors to the Eezirent Network may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centres of Eezirent Pty Ltd’s outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe and Asia.
(5) The purposes of transfer of data outside of Australia are the secure storage, back-up and retrieval of data.
(6) You give consent to the transfer of personal data on these terms and for the purposes described above.
(1) Cookies are data that a web site transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies, which are industry standard and are used by most web sites, including this web site, can facilitate a user’s ongoing access to and use of a site.
(2) Cookies allow us to:
- count the number of unique browsers to the web site;
- customise the web site to your needs; and
- to serve targeted advertising
(3) When you visit the www.eezirent.com.au network of sites, and the sites of our advertising partners which may include third party websites, we may place one or more cookies on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time you visit these sites and/or are displayed advertising.
(4) These cookies allow us to collect certain information about your web browsing behaviour in order to select what advertisements to display to you and to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
(5) We will not marry any of this information that is collected via cookies with any information that could identify you, for example your name or email address.
(6) We use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understanding the behavior of our customers and work with companies that collect information about your online activities to provide advertising targeted to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on this website or other websites because we contract with Google and other similar companies to target our ads based on information we or they have collected, including information that was collected through automated means (such as cookies and web beacons). These companies also use automated technologies to collect information when you click on our ads, which helps track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
(6) You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests, by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
7. Links to Other Sites
(1) We provide links to web sites outside of www.eezirent.com.au as well as to third party web sites.
(2) These linked sites are not under our control and we do no accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the web site.
(3) Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement.
8. Opting out
(1) You will be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving communications from us or from third parties that send communications to you in accordance with this policy.For example, you will be given the option to unsubscribe from e-newsletters and other marketing or promotional material sent by us. You may “opt out” from receiving these communications by either clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by updating your personal details on our website.
9. Contacting us about a privacy concern
(1) Eezirent Pty Ltd will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to update any information which we hold about you if you discover that information held is incorrect and you contact us to have the information corrected.
(2) Your questions or comments about the handling of information by Eezirent Pty Ltd are welcome and can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) If you receive communications purporting to be connected with us or our services that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us at email@example.com